Saturday, February 6, 2010

Riding Log: Day 16 Platekill

I was itching to ride... I just really wanted to be out there on the snow. Steamboat just past and my itch was bigger than ever having just come back east. So I made a few calls and found out Nelson would be up at Platekill for the day. It didn't take much for me to borrow a car (mine was in the shop) pack my gear and head on up.

Lauren - the best sister ever, brought my M.Y.'s car to borrow. I woke up at 6, picked up M.Y. dropped her off at my mom's and continued 2 hours more upstate. I got to the hill, got my lift ticket, found Nelson and let the snow take me. I ducked into closed runs for some fresh, I went into the trees for some adventure, and I was oddly enough the strongest rider out there that day. It was a lot of fun being on the better end of that spectrum but also boring. Which surprised me. I didn't feel too challenged... so I had to challenge myself and I did. That was nice.

I'm just glad I was able to get out there.

Nelson was great with his Sierrascope which just made it all the better.

No comments: