Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mystic River Views


Today, I loaded my backpack with my kindle, my camera, and my phone and headed to wholefoods to buy some tomatoes, peaches and coffee. On the way home I stopped at a park along the Mystic River and sat on a nice bench to get some sun, read my book, eat a local peach and finish my iced coffee. The views, the quiet, and my increasing feeling of God in my life made me realize that I live in a beautiful place with the man of my dreams. I may not think Boston is as beautiful as NYC but that's because my family is not in it. Home is where your heart is... and my heart is with my family... but ... it's getting better. It's hard not to when you know your also with your husband and God... well God's everywhere... but you get me ;)

There were black eyed susans everywhere... these are easily one of my favorite wild flowers!


The river was home to a canoe, kayak & pontoon boat today. The kayak and canoe was a grandfather grandson duo I believe. It was nice... and beautiful to see.

The local peach was delicious. Peaches should always taste like this... not a bitter rock!

Buy local people!

And the book I'm reading... not pictured is Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven & Back by Todd Brupo & Lynn Vincent. It's a great book and I highly recommend it. It is centered around Christianity... just a heads up.



No comments: