Here are a few things I've changed in our kitchen and I few I plan to change - I've stared [*] the items we've already begun to do, I've put this marker [~] for items we occassionally do (when the $ permits), and I've left things we plan to do with no notation
- *Join a CSA and allow it to provide 90% of our vegetible produce from June - November & 40% from December - Allowable.
- *Purchase Bob's Red Mill Flour to use in baking - WW when possible
- *Cook at home from scratch!
- *Buy what's in season rather than what you are craving
- *Can can can! Can the summer harvest of local fruit and veggies (Farmer's Market) whenever possible (or freeze)
- ~Purchase 100% organic eggs
- Purchase 100% organic dairy products (especially milk & cheese)
- Puchase organic GMO free whole chicken and cheaper cuts of beef