Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend of Sun!

This past weekend was amazing. The sun was shining and the days were warm. They inspired me and my husband to ditch many of our chores and enjoy the day. We ordered a bike rack so that I can enjoy more of these days in the future.... we only fit 1 bike in the car so I sipped iced tea and read a book while he did a 17 mile ride.



We also wen't to the garden store, home depot & Costco. Sunday was maybe the most interesting day. Paul ran a 5K. 30 min and 1 sec. Not bad for his 1st run of the season without warming up and having a semi busted ankle. I'm proud of him! After, we met some of his coworkers who also ran for some lunch and drinks. They were cool people and we did have fun. Unfortunately, it cut chore time short.... oh well.



We also went to a new RC Church on Sunday. And we liked it so much better than the other one we tried in the area. I think me may explore joining the parish and getting more involved.


Okay ... so blogs are boring without pictures... so here are a few, but exuse the poor iphone quality.



We planted a few seedlings 2 weeks ago and they are all sproutting like crazy. They are: basil, onion, thyme, pepper, spinnach & chive if I remember correctly.


We purchesed a mint & spearamint plant to make some yummy mint iced teas this summer. They look so sweet in their matching pots.



The jade hasn't been doing to well... likely b/c of the soil I had it in last year. So we repotted it with some succelent soil in a new colorful spring pot. I also bought some fertilizer. So hopefully with some water and some spring sun it will begin to rebound. I can fertilize it and it can continue it's new growth. If any of you can give me advice on this jade, I'll take it. I've had it for 5 years and it's gone from a tiny little thing to this large beautiful plant, but it looks sad and wrinkly... and purple and ... dying. HELP!





And Paul purchased a few cacti a few weeks ago. I finally got around to putting them in pots. The mugs weren't my 1st choice for how to pot and display these guys, but they are kinda cute. Paul's still on the fence about them.



No comments: