Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Recap

The holiday came and went. It was pretty uneventful honestly. I spent Christmas Eve with just my mom and the 2 kiddies. We had fun though. We had fondue, watched some Christmas specials, talked, and got to bed so Santa would come. What was kind of new was that I got to sleep on an actual bed instead of on the couch. This is officially the 1st Christmas where my sister didn’t believe in Santa, so we were able to sleep in the bedroom… no trying to sneak up on the big man in red.

Christmas day we drove down to my Grandma’s and my mom immediately went upstairs to take a nap. We had to pack all the kids ski stuff because we were going to Hunter on Friday. We were all pretty tired. Well my Uncle came and being that they have a strained relationship, she didn’t come back downstairs till he was gone. I must admit, this is NOT my favorite uncle. I strain just to say I like the guy and his girlfriend is no better. You will never meet a more obnoxious woman and a more controlling man. Either way, we still hung out with them for the sake of my grandma.

Soon after they got there though, I stole Amanda and ran out to the Cemetery. I had to with my Papa a Merry Christmas. It was nice to be with him. Sometimes I wish the weather was warmer, I know I could spend hours sitting on the grass just hanging out with him. Sounds weird I know.

After that we did a beginner snowboard trip with all the cousins less Lauren + Paul and 2 friends. We had a really good time. I spent the whole day in the beginner area with Kyle, but still had a blast. He did so much better. And I got to ride my board all day instead of skis, always a plus!

The weekend was nice and lazy like it should be.

Today is Monday, and I’m back at work but only for today. Now I’m off till next Monday. Only 1 more hour till I run to the Metro North and head upstate to my mom’s where I will prepare for tomorrow’s Paul and Lilia ride day. We plan on taking no kids and just having fun the 2 of us and any other intermediate-expert riders.

We think we will plan another beginner day on the 31st. We will likely take the two kids and Paul’s cousin, Alison who is a sweetheart. She is quite possibly my favorite Rios (sorry Paul). Anyway, it looks like that means a night home on NYE but we shall see.

Hopefully things work out smoothly, it’s really all I ask.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all have a SAFE, Happy, & Healthy New Year!

No comments: