Sunday, September 12, 2010

STD



I don't think I ever posted anything about our save the dates. I wanted to do lift ticket save the dates. It was something I wanted to make myself, knowing it could possibly cost a fortune going to a custom invitation printer. Through google images, Microsoft Word and Paint, I was able to come up with a nice design I was happy with. Then I bought some matte Staples brand photo paper because I liked the texture and the weight. With a glue gun and some wickets taken from a local ski shop - we were ready to rock. (Yes, we definitely statched up a few wickets each time we went riding at those mountains... and eventually had enough - we know we know... it's technically stealing).

This is the front of the save the date... the back has the wedding website along wtih a little note indicating invitations are to follow. By sending save the dates, our guests will be able book flights, hotel and car rentals early and thus taking advantage of lower rates.


At Staples I was also able to find some baby blue envelopes which fit the save the dates perfectly. On clear labels, I printed each person's name and address along side a blue snowflake. On the back we attached a label with our return address. Our international family members received the invitation with a stamp that had a mountain range image and our domestic family and friends received ones with wedding bands.

And that was that - we send them on their way.

No comments: