Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tissue Packets

I'm tired and with the World Cup in full effect, the last thing I want to do is write a blog. I spend most of my days watching games and trying to get my work done in between. By the time I get home, I just want to sleep. I haven't picked up a hook, I haven't taken photos, I haven't done much but read my books.. many many books at that.


But tonight I thought I should start cracking on some of the DIY wedding stuff on my list. After searching the internet for ideas, I came up with nothing... nothing simple enough to fit he bill that is. I want something fast and easy and dummy proof because I after all only claim to be a crafter.


So tonight I went to AC Moore and picked up a ton of sheets of cardstock in midnight blue for about $0.29 a piece, some ivory 1/8th inch ribon from the $0.50 bin and some paper punch outs I needed for my gift tags anyway. And then... I went to work experimenting. Some trial and error later I came up with this.


I don't even know the measurements. I cut a piece of card stock about 1/2 an inch wider than a 2 pieces of tissue from a small pack were and then doubled the height. I used a boner to score the center and 1/4 inch on each side. I then fold it in 1/2 and folded in the 2 sides. I used adhesive on the sides and wala! I added the ribbon and snowflake cut outs from a hole punch. I wanted to incorporate the poem: "Tears of joy, tears of laughter, tears of happily ever after" but I don't love my handwriting. I may or may not include that not on the back at all. It's just a prototype and we'll be saving tons since this will allow us to spread 2 packs of kleenex into 15 tissue packs (2 tissues each). The tissues we already had on hand, so really we are spending very little.





No comments: