Saturday, February 19, 2011

Riding Log: Day 18 (Killy)

After a long long long drive to Boston with a stop over in Carmel, my weary bones did not want to get up in the morning. Especially not for a 2.5 hour drive from Boston to Killington, but we did. I must admit I was looking forward to checking into our hotel more than snowboarding.

We still made it - and got to the parking lot to find crazy high winds, snow and snowboards that needed mounting. Once mine was set up... backward, and Paul fixed, we headed to the ticket window. We grabbed our tickets and headed to the gondola.

The conditions were variable. My board was very sticky and slow. There was spots of fresh snow and then huge patches of wind swept ice. We managed to find our way through most of the mountain and just did run after run dealing with the long lift lines and high winds.

After a while, my complaining was apparent and I was ready to head out but Paul had a few runs left in him. To my surprise at 3PM he told me he was ready to go... that the conditions were bad anyway... and so we left.

We checked into our hotel, got showered up and headed to the Wobbly Barn for dinner where we had some great steaks, a bottle of wine and some desert.... yes I was happy boarder!

We retreated to our hotel only for me to pass out by 8:30. Yep that's right folks... 8:30!

Paul was not thrilled haha.

No comments: