Monday, August 31, 2009

Waiting is not fun!

Human nature... we are always waiting for something. Most of us never live in the now... never enjoying the moment (excuse the clichés). I'm kind of one of those people.

Some very short term things I'm waiting for:
  • My VP so we can go to our lunch meeting that I think he forgot about
  • My focus to return, I've been kind of wondering today
  • Paul to call - we haven't spoken yet today
  • 5PM - So I can leave work
Some short (but not as short) term things:
  • Paul's return on Friday
  • Grandma date night on Thursday
  • Dinners
  • Happy thoughts
Some long term things I'm waiting for:
  • Paul's MBA graduation from MIT Sloan in 2011
  • Which will lead into Paul and my marriage also in 2011 (post grad)
  • Paul moving back to NY
  • Finding out where Paul will work and looking for a house
  • Decorating our house very natural and clean
  • Starting a family - I want kids so badly it hurts
  • Sewing, Painting, Crafting, Making ART!
  • Growing a garden
  • Eating organic/local
  • Greenifying our home - solar panels, rain collectors and all
  • My future - I cannot wait for my future... because it will be our future.
So yes - I can't wait. Right now I'm at work. I go home to an empty home (while Paul is living in Cambridge). I eat dinner alone. I go to the gym (which is fulfilling but I don't enjoy it). I study for the CPA exam. I sleep alone. It's a very lonely existence. So right now isn't something I'm relishing in.

A lack of motivation... yep!

Let's see what later will bring... then tomorrow... then next week... then next month... then next year... but it will need to stop... because tomorrows never truly come... only today

A Riddle:
Often talked of, never seen
Ever coming, never been,
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near.
Thousands for it's visit wait
But alas for their fate,
Tho' they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here.

What poem is this about? ---> "Tomorrow"

No comments: