Friday, March 6, 2009

Camp

Camping….

So for my birthday this year I want a very small birthday. Not to say that I want a birthday at all. I just want to use my birthday as an excuse to go camping. I haven’t gone in a really long time and I used to love to go camping. There are so many things that are great about it.

My birthday fortunately or unfortunately falls on Memorial Day Weekend every year. This is beneficial in the sense that NYC is empty and you get an extra day to celebrate but it is crappy in the sense that most people go away and all places summery are fully booked and over crowded.

I don’t care if we go on MDW or a weekend before or after, all I know is that I want to go.

The things I like about camping are:

Quiet – I love that I only have to hear what I want to hear. I can listen to nature and other people but in general there is no car traffic, TV noise, hustle and bustle. White noise is limited.

Peace – I like that I can do what I want when I want. I can sit in the nice weather and read a book. I can go for a walk. I can be one with nature.

Outdoors – I love all things outside. I love to go for hikes, bike rides, play sports, swim, explore… you name it I love it.

Food – okay so BBQ is my favorite – enough said. But think about the roasted corn and the SMORES!

Coziness – I love that the days are warm and the nights are cool. I love wearing my sweats and sitting by the fire at night sipping a beer and talking or just sitting in silence. I love the days filled with fun things to do.

I just want to go …

No comments: