Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Divine Mercy

Family sometimes sucks. There is just no other way to describe it. My mother is unforgiving though she would never admit this. She holds a grudge and she holds it long no matter the external circumstances. You could be on your death bed and still, she may not forgive you for faults you may not have even done.

No one is perfect and no one fits into the molds of expectation we create for each individual who holds any significance to us… that being said, when they turn out squire where you thought they’d be round, we cannot fault them. It is NOT our place to judge them, or to influence them.

There are certain respects we demand from the people around us, particularly the people we’ve sacrificed for our entire lives, but its also easy to feel that you are owed these respects because of things you’ve done… while forgetting of all the things you’ve done wrong. With every good, there is a bad. With every thing we’ve done, we’ve overlooked something or someone else.

I hate that no one gets along… I hate that I absorb over and over again everyone’s angry words, tears, fitful sleeps, and so on and so forth, while remaining calm, solid, allowing myself to be their pillar. Whom can I let these emotions out on… for if I don’t I may implode.

The Sunday after Easter is the Feast of Divine Mercy. During the course of Jesus’ revelations to Saint Faustina on the Divine Mercy, he asked that a feast be dedicated to it… and it has been celebrated on the Sunday after Easter… also known as the 2nd Easter.

Jesus said:

Whoever approaches the Fountain of Life on this day will be granted complete forgiveness of sins and punishment.

This Feast emerged from the very depths of My mercy, and it is confirmed in the vast depths of my tender mercies

I want to grant complete pardon to souls that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion on the Feast of My mercy.

Hopefully like Jesus Christ, my family can reconcile each other’s faults and move on…

No comments: