Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sewing, Cooking, Growing

I suppose there is a side to me very few people know. It's a more domesticated, quiet, natural side than the one I suppose most people are familiar with.

For starters, I have this crazy desire to sew. I do have a sewing machine and I have used it, but I can't say that I am very good. I want to take a few classes and get really good. I want to try and make my own grocery bags, produce bags, totes, and maybe one day, skirts and sun dresses. Hopefully this will be something I can make the time to do. After-all doing something creative and actually making something from very little is completely satisfying.

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook. And I don't mean just to cooking dinner every night, but experimenting. I love to try new foods, new textures, new recipes, new flavors. I love to just try new things for no real reason but that they look pretty, are fresh, and smell good.

I love to grow things. I have tons of plants not just at home but in my office and they are all flourishing (except that pesky parsley plant). I am so anxious to move into a home one day so that I can plant a small garden in the backyard. I've always wanted my own herb garden, tomato plants, potato plants, lettuce plants, etc... I know this green thumb will come in handy. After all growing your own produce reduces the need to shop in grocery stores... which also reduces packaging waste and transportation emissions.

No comments: