Thursday, August 18, 2011

Racism

I have no patience for racism. Forget about violent acts that are racially motivated. That is something no one should have patience for. The people who do such things should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I've noticed that mean and horrible words are used all the time to describe people of all races. You know the words I'm talking about. I refuse to use them here. I've also noticed many people making racial generalizations and spreading rude stereotypes. These comments aren't said in jest. They aren't said to get a rise. They are said in malice. And it's wrong.

I'm sad to say that many times I hear these comments from my own friends. I think it proves their ignorance. It's sad really. I'm proud of my family for bringing themselves above such behavior and I hope to surround my children (whenever it is we have children) around positive roll models. Racial discrimination, sexual discrimination, and all types of slander will not welcome in my home, nor will the people who utter it.

My friends will need to change their ways or I'm afraid they won't be having much of a relationship with our family in the future. Impressionable minds... and all that.

No comments: