Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hyperhidrosis

Hyperhidrosis is a condition where a person has over active sweat glands. I suffer from hyperhidrosis and when I say suffer - I mean suffer!

In high school I discovered that my white oxford shirts would soak through with my sweat. The armpits would frequently yellow. My palms were always moist and my feet were always swampy. I was always told that I'd grow out of it with adolescence. Well that didn't happen.

Now as an almost 28 year old, I suffer from it still. I had tried a few things in the past, from clinical strength antiperspirants to prescriptions, under arm liners, to settling to wear black often.

I have again jumped on the Drysol band wagon. Drysol has really changed my life. I've been using it under my arms for over a month now. For the 1st time in years, I was able to put on a grey shirt or a purple top and not worry about discolored or wet under arms. I also use it on my palms, which began to peel from severe eczema triggered by the sweating. My only problem now is my feet. I'm fearful to put the strong liquid on too many parts of my body since it's only natural and necessary to sweat.

The downside to Drysol is the sting. And oh boy does it sting. It itches. It irritates. But eventually, I should be able to to go months without using it. So hopefully, it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments: