Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday Chat

So I don't have anything in particular to write about but I suppose I have a lot to say:

Sunday in Boston:
Sunday was a blast. We woke up late, watched the rest of the Barca vs RM game, ate breakfast, ran errands, had a walk to dinner and I was off. During our errand run we went to 2 Best Buys where I spoke with a pretty informative rep. I ended up walking away with my new Canon Rebel XS DSLR. I bought a few of the necessary accessories but will be holding off on lenses for a while as they cost more than the camera!

The drive home was not as bad as the drive up. I was on the road by about 5:50 and driving towards the sun made all the difference. Most of the trip was during that orange pink sky which just felt refreshing. I did the whole drive with the window down. Fresh air. Warm sun. Cool air. Nice.

Crafts:
Last Friday I was wearing a headband and apparently people noticed. I was asked to be in a craft fair and I agreed. I'll be selling the headbands in early May. I figure for $3-5 a pop but I'm unsure what price would be fair. Materials are cheap but labor... is not as cheap. At least that's what people tell me.

I also got an email for a request for 2. A Friend from Sierra. His 2 sisters asked for some. I'll be making those tonight hopefully.

Time:
It couldn't go fast enough. I want to be Tahoe bound now. I leave Thursday after work. But I also have so much to do and not enough time to do it. I need to do laundry tonight so that I'm bringing clean clothes to Tahoe! Hopefully the machines are free tonight.

Family:
They are stressing me out. Ever since Easter I havent stopped thinking about my Mom... and how much I disagree with her actions. And I don't know if I want that at my wedding. I dont know... I need to let it go.

Dreams:
Visiting Paul this weekend and not getting 1 phone call from family really felt like we were somewhere else. I know Boston is Paul's home for now but that was okay. It didn't really matter where we were. Just that it was new, far from 'home', and that we were just the 2 of us really ... just us 2. I can't wait to move post graduation. To walk and explore our new town in the warm sun.

Travel:
I've traveled quite a bit this year to snowboard... that wont end just yet. I'm Tahoe bound in 2 days. And then in July I'll be traveling to Denver to wake board. I can't wait to try it and see my friends again. Then of course I'll be visiting Paul in Chicago during the summer. But next year... that's when it starts all over again. CO for my wedding. Argentina for the Copa America. Moving? New home, new life, new job, who knows what will change and how they will change... I just know they will!

No comments: