Monday, April 12, 2010

Riding Log: 29 (Sunday River, ME)

After a long drive to Boston, Paul told me he had some bad news. The warm weather followed by rain left Killington with 14 trails open and 2 lifts. It surely wasn't worth the drive. So after some research he said we were Maine bound. We woke up at 5AM, dressed, got in the car and were headed to Sunday River.

Once we got there we were disappointed with high winds, gray skies, cold temps & hard snow. We were lucky enough to get offered two $20 lift tickets from people who purchased packages but didn't intend to ride. The 1st few hours were rough but still fun. We did some faster runs trying to avoid the bare areas which got increasingly harder as the sun came out and the temps rose.

By the afternoon it was a true spring day. We did quite a few park laps where I tried to ollie over every bump, divet, rock or bare patch in site. I'm getting more comfortable doing it at higher speeds and I'm getting higher with each try. I also practiced riding switch. The best improvement was my tail presses. They are getting much better. My nose presses need tremendous work.

After riding our legs tired we headed back to the car. Paul, his buddy and I stopped at a store to do some end of season sale shopping and then headed back to Boston. Paul and I showered, prettied up, and headed to a Brazilian steakhouse for some grub. After our tummies were full we attempted and failed due to pure exhaustion to watch the Barca vs RM game.

Sleepy time for us. That was officially our last weekend riding the East Coast for this season. Oh what a sad day.

No comments: