Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday... thoughts.

Today, I'm wiped out. A car alarm kept me up quite a bit last night. I hate those things... they aren't even effective.

Tonight I'm headed to my Grandma's house for my uncle's birthday party. Generally speaking he has PMS every year on his birthday and on most holidays. I'm guessing it will be a good time so long as people are in good moods, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm a little nervous and apprehensive. My Grandma can only take so much more drama in her life. Between her 3 kids, she has enough.

The party has me thinking about my family... and how I can't stand the way they are with one another. I have never seen a group of people so jealous, fake and hostile in my life. And yet, in my heart, I think they love each other. It's plain selfish. I see that I want to move and just get away from it all - I wonder if that makes me part of it or makes me better than it. Neither probably.

This weekend I was hoping to drive upstate to Sterling Forest State Park - near Bear Mountain. I was hoping to take some pictures with the DSLR, have a picnic and go for a short hike. It' looks like with my car on the fritz, that won't be happening. I likely will be sitting home... but the weather is to be nice and I'm craving the outdoors so I thought where can I go somewhere new, somewhere green, somewhere clean... and I thought The Cloisters might need a visit. I've been once before it and it was beautiful. I love seeing the old architecture and the indoor outdoor feel of the place. The best part is that it's off the beaten path near Fort Tryon. That means, after checking out the museum, I can wonder aimlessly in the park and still have my picnic.

I'll see where my weekend takes me but I hope it takes me someplace good.

I've hyper-linked many of the places I've spoken about so that any of you local NYers who wish to check the places out can do so.

No comments: