Tuesday, August 3, 2010

If you could...

Today on Thought Questions they ask: "If you could change one thing from your past.... would you?"


I know many people say they have no regrets and that their past is what made them who they are today. I'll be honest to you and myself... I have regrets. Lot's of them. If I could live my life again, I know I'd do some things differently. I know that if I did these things differently, that I may not be living where I'm living, marrying who I'm marrying, or working where I'm working. I know that my relationships with friends and family would be completely different and possibly non-existent. But I know that if I could go back in time and live my 28 years for a 2nd round, it won't be the same as the 1st and those changes may trickle into bigger changes in my future.

Just like with Marty and Back to the Future... changing the past can COMPLETELY alter the future. And despite that... I think there are still things I'd do differently. And hopefully the good things that have come to me, would still be there - maybe just in a different way.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I often wonder this, myself. There are so many mistake I wish I could go back and erase, but then I wonder if I would have met the people I met, been the places I've been, or ended up doing the things I really loved doing had I not made those mistakes in the first place. One small change can alter the grand scheme of things in such a monumental way. Maybe at the end of my lifetime I'll ask myself this question again, and I'll be better informed to answer it. Great thought provoking post today!