Tuesday, August 10, 2010

No to the First Look

The first look is when the bride and groom have a reveal and see each other before the wedding ceremony. Many pictures are taken, followed by the formal bride and groom pictures, family pictures and some wedding party portraits. My sister did this because she wanted to be at her cocktail hour and didn't want to miss a thing. I on the other hand don't want to do this (though part of me does).

Part of me wants to so that we can get all the pictures we want... and get them out of the way while the light is still good and people are still prim and pressed. But... part of me doesn't. That day is far more important than the pictures I'll take home from that day.

I think the best part of the wedding... any wedding is when they open the Church doors, everyone stands and looks back, and the bride in all her beauty begins to march down the aisle. Her eyes are fixed on her groom and she is all smiles and nerves. She takes your breath away. And even more so, she takes his breath away. He looks at no one else... just his bride to be. His heart melts, his eyes mist, it's as if the overflowing church is empty and the only 2 people in the room are the bride and groom... until she steps up to his left and the ceremony begins.

That... is my favorite part. I can't wait to see Paul's face when I walk down that aisle and he sees me for the 1st time. The funny part is - this was all his idea. And even more so now can I not wait. So no first looks for us. Just that moment when the church doors open and our eyes lock.

Now lets just hope I don't ruin it by falling down the aisle... because God knows I seem to have trouble staying on my own two feet these days!

No comments: