Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cake Cake Cake

So after going crazy trying to find a baker to make our wedding cake for a reasonable price, we went back to the original woman.

We decided on a simple, yet fun cake. It's a bit different and it basically encompass what we were looking for. Something simple. Something white/ivory. Something without ribbon! And something fun.

Paul still wants there to be some color. I don't know if we can. The peonies in these pictures won't match anything else so I asked her to maybe do anemones of some sort. Anyway - our pigs will be sitting atop per Paul's request.
These cakes were done by our baker - of Sugar Cakes in Breckenridge

We've been getting some negative feedback on the ruffles... but I think I give up. I don't care. I suppose that people are entitled to their opinions and I appreciate their honesty. But in this circumstance, I'd appreciate their acceptance. Acceptance that it isn't their choice, that they should be supportive, and that if they aren't paying for it, they can't possibly understand the limitations. But what I'd appreciate more is their wallet... because lets face it... this likely wouldn't be our 1st choice cake, venue, dress, shoes, etc... if we had the funds to buy what our hearts desired... but it doesn't work that way.

In the end - the most important part of January 8, 2011, will be Paul and my vows to one another.

No comments: