Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm an idiot...

Yesterday, I ran out of work without bringing my cell phone. My cell is the only phone I have... no house phone for me.

Once I got home, I noticed we had no cable (TV or internet) but thought nothing of it. A few hours later, I thought to call Time Warner, but I couldn't find my phone. That's when it dawned on me that my phone must be sitting on my desk at work. I'm such an idiot!

Yes, I've done this pretty often.

At around 9:30, I decided I needed a means to contact Paul so he wouldn't worry that I hadn't called, answered any calls from him, emailed or anything. So I began my walk, keys in hand and a pocket filled with $2 in quarters to the payphone. 4 payphones later, I finally found one that worked... but of course on my walk to payphone #2 the drizzle became downpour and I was soaked... no bra, no wallet, no phone... I must have looked like a crack whore looking for a score.

In the end, I told Paul he couldn't berate my absent mind because you have to admit, few women would treck out in the rain only to place a dirty infected phone to her ear to ensure you slept well at night instead of worrying sick about my whereabouts. I don't know if he agrees... but that's how I am trying to see it.

No comments: