Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Donations Meet Crafts

I've been crocheting for only a few months now but it's already become a fun hobby and I've even made sales from my little creations.

My crafts have gotten bigger and better since I've started and I decided that I wanted to crochet for charity. I was going to begin making chemo caps but the weather has been warm and this September I have a craft sale I need to hook tons for. So instead I decided to sell each one of my hats with a little note - that tells each customer that $1-2 of their purchase price will go directly to ACS - American Cancer Society.

I think it's a good way to still get my quota in for the craft sale, but still contributing to causes I believe in.

Maybe for every hat I sell, I will donate to ACS and for every blanket or purse, I'll donate to AHA - American Heart Association. Or maybe I can ask each customer which Charity they'd prefer their money to go and just keep track and send it all in at once.

As written in the Bible:
"And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance,
so that by always having enough of everything,
you may share abundantly in His good works."
- II Corinthians 9:8

No comments: